Step 1: Parent Application
After your visit, please complete the online parent application. This will take about 25 minutes to complete, and you will need to complete it in one sitting (if you close the window you will have to start over.) Please make sure you have the following items ready to go before you start:
- Digital copy of last three report cards in a single pdf or jpeg file (rising 9th applications only)
- Digital copy of high school transcript, pdf or jpeg (rising 10th – 12th applications only)
- Digital copy of most recent standardized test scores in a single pdf or jpeg file (STAAR test, ERB, PSAT, SAT, ACT, etc.)
- Digital copy of 504 (if applicable)
- Digital photo of family
- A credit card on hand for the non-refundable $100 application fee.
Step 2: Student Application
After you complete your parent application, we have some questions to get to know your student. Before you begin, please prepare:
- Digital photo of student
- Digital photo of student doing something they love
- Writing sample (.doc, .pdf, .pages formats accepted)
- Names and emails of math and literature/language arts teachers for recommendations
Step 3: Entrance ISEE Assessment
Once the parent and student applications are complete, we will schedule your student to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE).
Testing dates are 12/4, 1/22, 3/5, 4/23, and 6/11 and will be administered at Waterloo.
The ISEE is used to determine student abilities in the following subjects: Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, Reading Comprehension and Mathematics Achievement. The test also contains an essay section to assess for writing ability.
Step 4: Schedule a Family Interview
Finally, parents and students will be invited to a family interview at Waterloo. This interview lasts about an hour and is a great time for us to get to know the student and their family more, learn more about the student's interests, and how they learn best.